Even though you visit your dentist twice a year for your checkups, cleanings, x-rays, and any fillings if needed, you still might have other concerns about your smile that can be addressed by your local cosmetic dentist near Springfield, VA. Some dental patients are concerned when they have discolored teeth or a crooked smile. They’re concern about the health and appearance of their smile, so they choose to entrust their smile to a cosmetic dentist.
A Springfield, VA cosmetic dentist has the advanced training, experience, and the knowledge to evaluate your oral health and recommend a treatment plan to give you a smile that you will feel good about because you know it looks good to others. Cosmetic dentists near Springfield, VA can address the underlying dental problems that are holding you back from that attractive smile.
A great smile can improve your self-confidence which can have a positive impact on your professional and social portions of your life. With treatments from your local Springfield, VA cosmetic dentist, your mouth will not only look great, but it will be in a much healthier state and function better for you too.
Most dental patients think of teeth whitening or veneers when they think about going to a cosmetic dentist. However, your local Springfield, VA cosmetic dentist can provide much much more for dental patients including—
- Teeth Whitening—One of the preferred treatments dental patients want from their cosmetic dentists. There are several teeth whitening products on the market today, many over-the-counter products. Cosmetic dentists near Springfield, VA recommend discussing any teeth whitening method with them before starting a teeth whitening program.
Programs such as Kor Whitening Deep Bleaching System, Philips Zoom Whitespeed are popular teeth whitening techniques offered by local dentists near Springfield, VA. Some cosmetic dentists such as Annandale Smiles offers a Whitening for Life program which is exactly what it says. As long as you maintain your dental checkups, they will supply you with free whitening gel to use at home so you can maintain your white smile.
- Tooth Bonding—A method used for repairing a chipped tooth with a bonding material to match your other teeth making it impossible to know your tooth was ever chipped.
- Crowns and Veneers—Your Springfield, VA cosmetic dentist may recommend a crown for a chipped tooth in the back of your mouth. This durable material can withstand the chewing and clenching force. Veneers are used in your smile area to repair chipped teeth. Porcelain laminate veneers are several thin layers of porcelain that are bonded with a special adhesive to replace the tooth’s original enamel. Veneers are a great choice to make slight tooth alterations or to change the shape of a tooth, or it’s size and color.
- Tooth Colored Fillings—Springfield, VA cosmetic dentists are using more tooth-like materials such as composite resins and porcelains that are safer and more predictable. These cavity fillings look more like your natural teeth, unlike the older metal-looking fillings.
- Braces—Most people think of braces as the ugly metal with rubber bands. Six Month Smile braces, which are offered at Annandale Smiles near Springfield, VA, are barely visible because colored white brackets and wires are used. This procedure takes about six months to achieve the smile you want, sometimes less and sometimes longer. These braces can correct spaces and gaps between teeth and crooked or crowded teeth and focuses on only the teeth that you see when you smile.
Another way of straightening teeth without the look of metal is with Invisalign. Your cosmetic dentist near Springfield, VA will fit you with a series of clear plastic removable trays that you can wear whenever you want and remove to eat, drink, and brush and floss your teeth. Of course, the more you wear them, the faster your teeth will be straightened. However, the nice thing is, if you have a special event you wish to go to, you can leave them out.
Every two weeks you will get a new set of aligners which continues to move your teeth into their corrected position to get the results you want. Normally the aligners should be worn at least 20 hours a day for two weeks before you can progress to the next tray. These aligners should be able to straighten your teeth between six to 18 months depending on your specific case.
Your local Springfield, VA cosmetic dentist can discuss what procedures would be best suited for your particular needs to get the smile you desire.