Dental implants can replace one tooth, multiple teeth, or all teeth or support removable dentures. If you are suffering from missing teeth, dental implants by your local Arlington, VA dentist may be your answer. Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth because they are durable and comfortable in a way that will feel natural and make you feel secure, just like your natural teeth. With dental implants, there is no need for adhesives or other teeth for them to attach to. Your Arlington, VA dentist will replace the tooth root with the implant and securely attach it to the jawbone. No shifting, gaping, or fearing that your teeth may fall out when you are eating.
Missing teeth can affect your overall oral wellness and can lead to the following—
- Bone loss
- Surrounding teeth will shift positions
- Your face will start to sink where teeth are missing producing early signs of aging
- Chewing becomes difficult
- Speech issues
- Miss social and job opportunities
- Low confidence and embarrassment
- Anxiety and depression
Dental implants by your local Arlington, VA dentist are a smart choice for adults of all ages, whether you wore born with a missing tooth, had teeth removed because of decay, infection, or an accident. They are also a great option for adolescents who have completed facial growth and development, normally for girls at least 16 years of age and boys 18 years of age.
Your local dentist near Arlington, VA will explain the advantages of dental implants compared to the alternatives of bridges or dentures to help in your decision.
- Look and feel great—Once dental implants are implanted by your local dentist near Arlington, VA, they will function like healthy, natural teeth, and you will look and feel much better about yourself. You won’t even think about them, they will be that comfortable, and you brush and floss them just as you do other natural teeth. There is no removing them for cleaning. Dental implants also help you to retain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Built to last—Unlike dentures that through years of wearing will need to either be relined or replaced every 5 to 10 years by your local Arlington, VA dentist, dental implants can last for many decades, normally for the rest of your life. This in itself will save in costs even though the initial cost of an implant is much more expensive.
- Confidence—The dental implants that your local dentist near Arlington, VA will implant will be secure, so they will not slip or click when you speak, laugh, or eat. Your speech will be more natural than with dentures. Local dentists near Arlington, VA give their dental patients the peace of mind to eat whatever they like, say whatever they want to say, and be able to smile with extreme confidence.
- Protects healthy teeth and facial bone—Missing teeth leave empty spaces inside your mouth, which can lead to jawbone deterioration and other natural teeth shifting in place. A dental implant is the only tooth replacement which will stimulate bone growth and prevent any bone loss. Your local Arlington, VA dentist will suggest getting an implant as soon as possible once you lose a tooth to prevent bone loss at the site. Unlike bridges or partial dentures, dental implants require no grinding down healthy adjacent teeth to anchor a bridge or attach a partial denture.
You will need to come in for an examination at your local Arlington, VA dentist office so the dentist can examine your existing teeth, bones, and upper and lower jaws and gums to see if you are a good fit for dental implants. Sometimes you might require a bone graft if the implant site does not have enough bone to support the implant.
If you are contemplating getting dental implants, call the team at Annandale Smiles near Arlington, VA. They will be happy to answer any questions you have about the procedure itself, the recovery period, and how to take care of implants. They will set you up for a thorough examination to see if you are a good candidate for dental implants.