Preventive Care by Local Dentist in Annandale, VA
There is no doubt that people spend a lot of money on skincare products that help them fight dark spots and wrinkles without a second thought. They want these miracle creams to do wonders for them and make them look ten years younger. Have you ever thought of how ineffective these methods can be if you are not spending an equal amount of money to improve your smile?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice when you meet them for the first time. Still, how many of you take the proper care of your teeth seriously? As a matter of fact, having a beautiful smile that will radiate your personality is equally important if you want to look younger. Sadly, most people overlook this fact, and they forget that no matter how much money you spend to keep your skin glowing, you will always look older without a pleasing smile. Remember that no amount of skincare will undo the damage from oral diseases.
This means you need to take excellent care of your teeth and gums if you want to maintain your facial structure in the long run. This is why it is important to visit a local dentist near Alexandria, VA, for regular dental cleanings and any other treatments you may require to keep your glowing smile unharmed.
One of the leading dental issues which can seriously damage your facial structure and how you smile is tooth erosion. Let us see how to address tooth erosion so that you can always have a radiant smile irrespective of your age.
How Can You Prevent Tooth Erosion?
It is true that high acidic fruits such as oranges, pineapples, and raspberries are great for weight loss. However, they are not good for your smile. Consuming these fruits increases the risk of tooth erosion because they contain many acids in them that cause your teeth’s hard outer layer to wear down. Apart from that, beverages such as wine, coffee, tea, and soda are also unhealthy for your teeth’s enamel. Besides, these beverages can also discolor your teeth.
Having said this, we are not compelling you to give up on these drinks completely. Instead, what we recommend is a healthy change in your drinking and eating habits such as,
- While consuming acidic beverages, use a straw, and try to drink quickly so that the drink has minimal contact with your teeth.
- In case you are consuming acidic foods, take them at mealtime so that the acid in these fruits will get neutralized when they get mixed with other foods.
- Always drink water after eating acidic beverages or foods. This will help to wash away any acidic residue in your mouth.
- Also, restrain yourself from brushing your teeth immediately after consuming acidic foods and beverages. You should wait at least half an hour before you brush. This is because the acid softens the tooth’s enamel, and so brushing immediately after consuming high-acid foods or drinks can cause teeth damage. Meanwhile, there is no harm in rinsing your mouth with water after consuming acidic foods or beverages.
Always keep in mind that sugar and acidic beverages and foods are extremely unhealthy for your teeth and gums, and they act as a catalyst for tooth erosion. Once your teeth start to erode and your teeth’s protective surface, namely enamel, wears down, your tooth exposes its underlying layer called dentin making it more prone to damage. Not only that, but any damage caused to your enamel can also make your teeth vulnerable to bacteria and plaque. This will eventually surface as various dental issues such as teeth decay, yellow teeth, tooth sensitivity, see-through teeth, and tooth fracturing. We recommend you to consult a local dentist near Alexandria, VA, to take care of such issues.
Annandale Smiles is one of the leading dentists serving the area, and we understand that everyone’s needs differ when it comes to dental care. So we make sure to offer you a wide range of services that include both general and cosmetic services. Here is a brief introduction to our general and cosmetic services.
General Dentistry Services
As one of the top-rated local dentist near Alexandria, VA, we offer the following general dentistry services.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – It is an undeniable fact that sooner or later, everyone gets a cavity. Dental fillings are the easiest way to treat a cavity if it is in the beginning stage. We offer tooth-colored fillings so that they remain virtually invisible.
- Root Canals – When cavities grow larger and a simple filling is no more effective in treating it, we would recommend you to undergo root canal treatment.
- Teeth Cleaning – This is an essential service we provide as a part of preventive dentistry. The main aim of carrying out teeth cleaning is to effectively get rid of plaque buildups and improve your oral hygiene so that you will be better protected from both cavities and gum disease.
- Gum Care
- Preventive Care
- Infection Control
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Apart from general dentistry services, we also offer cosmetic dentistry services that will help you have a confident, beautiful smile that will lure people towards you. Some of these services are teeth whitening procedures, porcelain veneers, and adult braces.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’ve been looking for a new local dentist near Alexandria, VA, to take care of your family’s general and cosmetic dentistry needs, call us today!