Relax and feel comfortable throughout your visit.
What Is Sedation
50% of the population feels nervous about visiting the dentist, but we can help with that.
Sedation dentistry helps you relax at the dentist so that you can sit comfortably through your dental visit. We realize that going to the dentist can be stressful and even scary, especially if you haven’t gone in years.
Have no fear (literally) with our safe and predictable medicine that instantly eases your anxiety. Our Annandale, VA dentists offer minimal inhaled sedation through nitrous oxide because it’s fast-acting, wears off quickly, and is a proven way to stop dental fear almost instantly.
Sedation dentistry is ideal for:
Keeping you calm in the dentist chair.
Nitrous oxide is a safe and predictable sedation dentistry option that works almost instantly. (It’s also known as laughing gas.) With the help of our teamLearn more about our team, you simply put on a mask over your nose and inhale the nitrous oxide; breathe it in, and you’ll quickly feel relaxed.
You’ll feel calm and in a euphoric-like state but still in control of your body. Our dentistLearn more about our dentist is beside you to control the process and ensure your safety and comfort. At the end of your visit, we will have you breath in some oxygen to clear the nitrous oxide from your body, then you take the mask off and breathe in and out as normal. After that, the sedative effects quickly wear off.
Unlike stronger sedation options, you can drive home after your visit and won’t feel any lingering effects.
Learn more about this safe and comfortable treatment.
- What sedation is used for dentistry? Several different types of sedation dentistry treatments may be used at the dentist, including nitrous oxide gas, pills for oral sedation, and IV sedation. The strength and lingering effects vary, and some moderate sedatives may require you have a designated driver.
Our Annandale, VA family dentist uses gas for a faster, gentler, and more predictable way to help you feel comfortable during your visit.
- Do you feel pain with sedation dentistry? No, you don’t feel pain with sedation dentistry because our dentist closely monitors your symptoms during treatment. Based on your treatment, we recommend the best sedative and may also use an anesthetic to help ensure a painless procedure.
- How much does sedation dentistry cost? The cost of sedation dentistry varies depending on your dental treatment, insurance coverage, and choice of sedative. Please contact our team directly to discuss costs for sedation dentistry along with insurance, financing, and payment options.
- What happens during dental sedation? Depending on the type of sedation used, you may be awake or asleep during your dental visit. However, regardless of the sedative, you’ll feel calm and relaxed in the dental chair.
Our dental practice in Annandale, VA, uses laughing gas. Before administering nitrous oxide, we let you know exactly what to expect and are with you every step of the way. We’ll fine-tune the dose for your needs, and you’ll still be in control of your body.
- Can patients hear when sedated? Our dental practice uses minimal sedation with laughing gas, so yes, you’ll be able to hear and speak during your visit. It’s a common option for children and adults, and based on your medical history, we’ll let you know if you’re a candidate for sedation dentistry in Annandale.