Are Affordable Dental Implants near Falls Church, VA Really Affordable?
Are you at the point where it’s time to start thinking about dentures? Are you dreading it? Have you considered the possibility of affordable teeth implants near Falls Church, VA instead? If so, this article is for you!
One of the worst kept secrets in the world of dentistry is that few people are in love with their dentures, but that might make you wonder why so many people have them. The answer is simpler than you might imagine – it comes down to cost.
Dentures might not be great, but they are relatively inexpensive. One of the major reasons they’re relatively inexpensive is the fact that most dental insurance companies will cover most, and sometimes even all of the cost of dentures.
Of course, the next logical question that springs to mind is this: Dentures are cheap compared to what, exactly? Implants stand as the major alternative to them, and when people look at the price of implants and compare that to a set of dentures, they tend to get sticker shock and think that affordable teeth implants near Falls Church, VA are just a myth.
The thing is, that’s not really a fair comparison. After all, even if you’re incredibly careful with your dentures, at best, you can expect maybe two years of use from them before you’ll need to go back in to get fitted for another set. Implants, on the other hand, are a one-time investment. Once they’re in your head, you won’t need to buy another set. In fact, they’ll almost certainly outlast you!
All that to say that if you want a fair cost comparison, you have to take into account:
- The number of sets of dentures you’ll need over the course of your life and your share in their cost.
- The time you spend setting up the appointments and spending time in the treatment chair to get fitted for them.
- The time you spend taking care of your fickle, high-maintenance dentures.
- And some value for the aggravation and embarrassment you’ll experience along the way in dealing with denture-related mishaps, like having them fall out while you’re talking, the fact that they’ll make you talk funny, the fact that you’ll have to avoid certain foods you love, and so on.
When you add all those numbers up, that’s the value you want to compare to a set of implants, and when you do that, you begin to see that affordable teeth implants near Falls Church, VA aren’t really a myth after all!
Unfortunately, in most cases, your dental insurance policy won’t help because few plans offer coverage provisions where implants are concerned. Even so, it’s worth reading the fine print to see if your plan does. If so, then affordable teeth implants near Falls Church, VA aren’t just a possibility, they’re easily within your grasp!
It matters because in virtually every respect, implants are far superior to dentures. We mentioned a few of the glaring weaknesses above, but now, let’s contrast that with implants, which include the facts that they:
- Are incredibly durable and long lasting.
- Won’t fall out of your head, causing embarrassment.
- Won’t cause you to speak with the slight lisp that so many denture wearers are known for.
- Are very low maintenance. You won’t have to do anything other than brush and floss, as usual, to take care of them.
- Won’t restrict your diet the way dentures do, because food particles can’t get trapped between your implants and your gum line since they’re permanent fixtures in your mouth.
On the other hand though, in addition to the higher upfront cost, there is one other negative where implants are concerned. Having implants installed in your head requires major, invasive surgery. You’ll be given an anesthetic and rendered unconscious during the procedure, and you will experience some pain during the recovery period.
Many people though, when faced with the high maintenance alternative that dentures represent, regard that one-time event to be well worth suffering through for the benefits of simply not having to worry about it again. Implants essentially give you a new lease on life where your teeth are concerned, and there’s tremendous peace of mind in knowing that once they’re installed, they’re not going anywhere, and you don’t have to do anything out of the ordinary to maintain them.
That’s definitely not the case with dentures, which you’ll have to take out every night so you can drop them into a glass filled with cleaning solution, and don’t worry, your gums won’t let you forget! If you happen to forget, your gums will be painful and swollen the next morning. Usually, a single reminder like that is all it takes for most people.
In any event, if you’re interested in the possibility of affordable teeth implants near Falls Church, VA, here are the next steps we recommend:
- Call your dental insurance provider to see if your plan offers coverage provisions for them.
- Run the numbers as we outlined above to get a true cost comparison of dentures vs. implants.
- Check to make sure we accept your insurance. We’ll provide a list of the companies we currently work with at the end of this article.
- Give our office a call to schedule your appointment or to get answers to any questions you might have!
And here’s the current list of dental insurance plans we currently accept:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Delta Dental
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Sun Life
- And United Concordia
If you don’t see your insurance company here, it’s still worth giving our office a call to double check!