If you haven’t already heard, replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant by your Burke, VA dentist is the closet you will get to healthy, natural teeth. A dental implant feels and functions just like your other natural teeth. Implants provide you with the self-confidence to eat, smile, talk, laugh, kiss, and enjoy your everyday activities near Burke, VA and never have to fret about your teeth.
Think about a dental implant as an artificial tooth root, similar in shape to a screw. Once a dental implant is placed into your jawbone by your Burke, VA dentist, it bonds to your natural bone and becomes a sturdy base to support either one or more artificial teeth, which are called crowns.
The crowns are custom-made to match your other natural teeth, A connector or better known as an abutment is placed on top of the dental implant by your Burke, VA dentists. This abutment holds and supports the crowns.
Burke, VA dentists have been using modern dental implants successfully for over thirty years. They are the most robust devices available to support replacement teeth. What is even better, they act, feel, and look just like your natural teeth. It is truly the best there is for replacing missing teeth by your local Burke, VA dentist.
One of the safest and most predictable procedures in dentistry, a dental implant from your local Burke, VA dentist can provide you with an improved smile that will continue to look natural. When you wear dentures, each new pair changes your facial features and your smile, and people notice which may or may not affect your self-confidence; everyone is different. But for those Burke, VA patients who are extremely vain, dental implants are the way to go.
Here are a few advantages of dental implants compared to other devices such as dentures or bridges—
- Feel and Look Great—Your local Burke, VA dentist can help you feel and look your best with dental implants. Missing teeth can be embarrassing, and dentures that swivel in your mouth or are known to fall out literally can be devastating to some Burke, VA dental patients. Implants look, feel, fit, and function like healthy, natural teeth. They are incredibly comfortable, and you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth, and you never need to remove them. Implants will also help retain your natural face shape and smile.
- Built to Last—When dental implants are properly cared for and the Burke, VA dental patient continues to come in for all their dental checkups, implants can last for the rest of your life. Other options near Burke, VA, such as dentures and bridges, typically have to be replaced at least every 5 to 10 years, which over your lifetime can be quite costly both in time and money. Make a one-time investment for dental implants, so you won’t have a lifetime of more financials to maintain other less desirable devices.
- Protects Bone and Healthy Teeth—Missing teeth leave empty spaces in the mouth once you lose one or more teeth. This leads to the deterioration of your jawbone. The only tooth replacement option available near Burke, VA, which actually helps to stimulate bone growth and prevents bone loss, of course, is the dental implant.
- Improve Self-confidence—When you have the security knowing your teeth are not about to fall out when you smile or eat certain foods that you like, and you never have to take your teeth out of your mouth again, you gain self-confidence. Dental implants won’t slip in your mouth or click while talking, eating, or laughing. Your speech will be much clearer and more natural feeling with implants that you won’t get with dentures.
- Peace of Mind—Implants are secured in your mouth by screws implanted into your jawbone. Therefore, your implants will never slip or click when you try to talk, laugh, or eat. You can also eat all the foods that you love. Your speech will be clearer and more natural with implants. Peace of mind is what you will develop with dental implants, a better natural, more healthy way of replacing missing teeth.
Whatever questions you have about dental implants, either call or stop by our office at Annandale Smiles located near Burke, VA. We will be happy to discuss all of your dental needs.